Before Surgery Instructions
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (excluding approved medications with a sip of water) for at least six hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. However, it is ideal to stop smoking altogether.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and stay with the patient at home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel disturbance, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please contact the prescribing physician, primary care physician, or check with our office and doctors prior to your surgical date for instructions.